Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Lesson learned.....don't skip lunch and then think it's safe to go to Dollar Tree


          The past few days have been a whirlwind.  I literally spent the entire weekend working on school work.  Thank goodness my kids love going to school with me.  They get to play on the computers and since they don’t get to do that at home, they are always happy to go to school with me.  We ate great the past 4 days.  It’s been the normal plan of no sugar, no gluten, and lots of fresh wholesome food.  Monday night was hectic and I had a hunkering for a hot dog.   I went to the market and found an Oscar Meyer beef hot dog without any preservatives or nitrates or any kind of sugar added to them.  The kids loved them.  I also found sweet potato fries to go with them.  Since we had the potatoes we skipped out on finding gluten free hot dog buns.  We also had carrots and hummus with it.  It was a “junk” food night J. 

            But, the last two days, I’ve run into a problem trying to fit in lunch at work.  It happened yesterday, but I was able to eat at 3.   Today I was slammed with trying to finish some activities that I was doing with my next class.  I ate my snacks, but didn’t get to eat my lunch.  I couldn’t eat at 3 and by the time I got the kids and delivered one to swim practice and got gas, I was absolutely starving.  So, at 4:30 we stopped in at the dollar store to pick up school supplies and I bought a package of corn chips and dry roasted peanuts.  The kids were hungry too, since they forgot to pack their own snacks for the afternoon.  I typically would have stopped at the market to pick up some fruit, but I made the mistake of going to Dollar Tree instead.  So the kids and I shared the chips and peanuts.  I’m frustrated with myself because I let myself get too hungry.  That’s definitely not a safe place for me.  I have a horrible habit of eating far too much when I’m hungry.  I definitely ate way to many peanuts and corn chips.  So, lesson learned.  I absolutely have to eat my lunch.  I cannot skip a meal because it screws up something inside me.  Puts me in the starvation mode.  This only happened today because I was crammed for time at school and school won.  I definitely won’t let that happen again.   This is the first time in 7 weeks, that I have felt hungry and lost control of my eating.  Peanuts and corn chips were still a better chance than Ding Dongs and Oreos, but I still feel off from eating as much as I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment