Sunday, February 22, 2015

A look back at yesterday. What could have been a terrible day if there was chocolate in the house.


Yesterday was a struggle, but fortunately we were snowed in.  There is no junk food to be had in the house.  If there was, I may have lost my will power.  This is TMI, but Aunt Flo came to visit with her bags stuffed packed with swelling, cramps, thigh pains, and fatigue.  I easily could have eaten who knows how much chocolate.  I’m super relieved it happened on a weekend considering my classroom is chalk full of candy, sweets, and Oreos.  It could have been disastrous. 

I was supposed to do Body Pump yesterday, but I just wasn’t feeling it.  I would have walked on a treadmill, if we had one.  We are looking into buying one in the next few months.  We want to finish our basement, but that’s going to be forever before that project gets done.  We’ve some pre-construction stuff that needs to get done first, such as a radon system and a 100 amp service panel.  Our dumbass contractor put in a 200 amp service that is completely overloaded.  He should have put in a second panel in the first place.  I digress, again.  So, when we do buy a treadmill I want to put it in the family room.  We don’t entertain much here in Virginia, so it’s not that big of a deal.  Besides, even if we did, I’m pretty sure no one would care in the first place.  Joe hates the idea, although he says he doesn’t know where he wants to put one.  I think it’s a great idea to put it in the living room because I could be doing my Beachbody workouts while he is on the treadmill.  Besides, he’ll get sick of looking at it in there, so the basement will get started sooner than later J.

I made gluten free pancakes yesterday morning.  I used a GF flour that seemed a little off.  They sort of smelled weird.  I’ll try a different flour next time.  It called for honey as the sweetener which was better than using table sugar or Splenda in my opinion.  We don’t have sugar anymore in the house, but we still have Splenda.  I know it’s all natural and stuff, but I don’t care that much for it.  I also substituted the vegetable oil with cranberry juice.  I had a bottle in the liquor cabinet.  We drizzled honey on top with fresh fruit.  The kids liked them, but Joe thought they tasted weird.  Like I said, I’ll try a different brand of GF next time. 

***************************************************

8 a.m. breakfast:  pancakes with a bit of honey, 1 cup of my u/s vanilla almond milk,  
                                  fresh pineapple chunks.

12:30 p.m. lunch:  homemade vegetable soup, tortilla chips (Food That Tastes Good
                                   brand) ------ I definitely overate on the chips.  I usually measure
                                   out servings for the sake of cost.  We don’t go through as much
                                   food if we measure it out.  It’s also good so you don’t overeat.  I
                                   wasn’t feeling it yesterday with the PMS and some family drama. 
                                   Funny how stress can attempt to throw me off my plan.  Aha, that
                                   was another cause for my discontent yesterday. 

4:30 p.m. snack:  orange

6:30 p.m.  dinner:  2 skinless chicken thighs baked, seasoned with balsamic vinegar. 
                                    I used a recipe from FB yesterday.  It wasn’t great, the chicken 
                                   was missing something.  1 spinach patty, steamed carrots, quinoa
                                   and kale, and a garden salad with my GF, SF, 0 calorie dressing
                                   from Walden Farms. 

9:30 snack:  I had no hunger, but I grabbed a handful of almonds when I went
                       upstairs to read.  I was still crabby from the day.  Food is definitely my  
                       go-to comforter.  I really need to find something to replace that 
                       automatic response when I’m upset.  This is definitely something that is
                       totally engrained in my head. 

I read the Blood Sugar Solution for an hour last night and marked a few things to share on this blog.  I’ll share what I learned in a different post later on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment