Friday, February 13, 2015

Valentine's Day.....It was a challenge


So, today was a challenge.  I knew it was going to be because it is the day we'd be celebrating Valentine's Day.  A day traditionally filled with chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate.  Chocolate is one of my biggest weaknesses.  We played bingo with one of my classes and we always use m&m's as our markers.  I was subjected to smelling those little devils all afternoon.   Luckily, I was full from my lunch and snacks, so I wasn't tempted to actually eat any in the afternoon.  But, man, did they smell divine!  I think it would have been 10x's harder to resist if I was remotely hungry.  

However, it was a different story in the morning.  I played bingo with a different class and used the M&M's for the markers.  The kids love doing this since they get to eat them too.  So I opened the freaking container and out comes the sugar devil's hand itself, wafting it's curly aroma into my nostrils.   It nearly pulled me, but I got up immediately and went to get my fresh red grapes off my desk.  I'm grateful I've been leaving my fresh fruit on my desk to snack on just incase I get overwhelmed like I did.  The grapes definitely worked to help me stop me in my tracks.  

Lunch came around and there were lots of amazing homemade desserts and treats in the teacher's lounge.  I stayed in there to eat my own lunch because I truly believe you can't avoid food.  It's always going to be around you.  But, keeping it the forefront of my mind that I'm battling an addiction and not just some simple craving is helping me stay on track.  

---------------------------------------------Today's Menu--------------------------------------------

4:45 a.m.  Woke up on my own, 15 minutes before my alarm was due to go off.  No problem waking up.  Felt refreshed and ready to go for the day.  

5 a.m.  30 minute intense cardio - Home workout video -----> 21 Day Fix from Beachbody (Total Body workout)  Wicked good workout.  Struggled to do 1 minute planks.  Did many of the exercises with modifications.  Sweated up a storm.  

7 a.m.  Breakfast:  3/4 cup egg beaters cooked with real butter, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk.

10:15 a.m.  Snack:  1 cup fresh red grapes.  (Helped take my mind off the m&m's I smelled during class)

12:30 p.m.  Lunch:  2 cups salad greens, 3/4 cup cut up rotisserie chicken, 2 tbsp dry roasted, no salt added, 2 tbsp of Walden Farms Thousand Island dressing, 5 fresh strawberries.

5:30 p.m.  Snack:  1 orange.  I just started getting hungry.  I went to Costco for groceries and think it triggered my hunger button.  

7:45 p.m.  Dinner:  6 oz. grilled Hake loins. (wicked freaking good fish from Costco.  I never had it before.  Molly and I liked it a lot.  Joe and Ben still prefer Cod over it.)  Sauteed onions and red and yellow peppers to top the fish.  Used real butter for the saute.   Baked zuchinni fries (I wash and cut up fresh zucchini into little triangle fries, tossed them in a bowl with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and then lay them on a cookie sheet skin side down to bake.  400 degrees for 20 minutes.)  Steamed asparagus.  

I drank plain iced green tea and water throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment