Friday, February 20, 2015

Today's food diary and a tasty temptation


I had a great day in terms of food.  I didn’t workout this morning, but plan on working out tomorrow.  During Lent we traditionally eat fish on Fridays.  I picked up some salmon and made a homemade seasoning to blacken the fish.  It came out super yummy.  But, I have to say I am not a fan of skinning fish.  That is one cooking job I definitely will pass on to Joe.  I can skin chicken no problem.  But, fish, I wanted to gag; it was wicked gross.   I was stoked at how quick this meal came together since we had basketball games tonight starting at 5:45.  From start to finish I made the entire meal and we finished eating it in 35 minutes.   Here is the rest of what I ate today:

8 a.m. breakfast:  1 serving Rice Chex, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, handful of strawberries cut up.

12:00 snack:  1 cup grapes

12:30 lunch:  ¾ cup tuna salad, 1 serving GF crackers, apple

3:00 snack:  carrots

5:15 dinner:  blacken salmon, spinach patty, steamed veggies

****  I did see this picture on Facebook today that made me miss a treat.  It was the Reese’s Tasty Cakes.  Good grief, those suckers were divine.  I didn’t have them very often.  I had other desserts that I enjoyed more, but when I saw that picture today, it made me reminiscent of that chocolatey peanut butter goodness.  As good as it looks though, I won’t give this feeling of wellness and pain-free for that.  ****

No comments:

Post a Comment